Seeking New Pastor
Is God Calling You to Something Special?
- To a church with no Sunday service
- To a church where everyone dresses the same
- To a church were professions of faith are regular occurrences and baptisms generate a round of applause from the congregation.
- To a church where it’s a big deal when a visitor agrees to become a regular participant
- To a church where God uses its members to cut through incredible darkness and penetrate inch by inch a culture that hungers for the transformational power of our risen Savior, Jesus Christ.
- To a church that is in every way a Colony of Heaven in a Kingdom of death
Then God may be calling you to Celebration Fellowship Church- a Christian Reformed prison church with congregations inside of three State of Michigan Prisons.
Currently, 125-150 members along with 12-15 volunteer members from various area churches meet each Monday (Handlon) and Tuesday (Bellamy Creek) evening from 6:30-8:30 for Bible study and worship. In addition to leading worship, the pastor provides pastoral care as requested and also meets weekly with the respective inside worship and Bible study leaders for discipleship and worship planning. Our Pastor works with each prison chaplain to develop a culture of love and grace where men feel accepted and encouraged to grow in their faith.
Since its beginning, Celebration Fellowship has seen over 300 members pass through its doors, most of whom with the churches’ help are now reestablishing their lives as productive members of their community.
For leader profile and/or more information contact
David Koetje, Executive Director